The time has come

for another lovely update with yours truly!

Ok, so this post has no real thought behind it or anything, I was just reading other blogs and got the urge (you know, the URGE, baby...-rawr-).

So, the epic hair saga continues this Friday at 5pm when I go to a friend's house who'll cut it. I really wanna let my hair grow out (like, all the way), but it just looks like crap right now, so I need a cut that'll grow out nicely, you know? I'm thinking of going back to the concave look (for those of you who are confused: Short in the back, gradually growing longer toward the face) because it worked out pretty nicely last time I had it done.

Of course, the last time I went to a professional and this time I'll be in someone's kitchen, but the kitchen-lady has done good work in the past as well. x)

In other news, I might not have told you about the whole teachers-going-into-retirement-scheme that happened back in December 09. Well, to put it lightly: The summer before the 2009/10 school year my class's History teacher went into forced retirement. He was followed by our Chemistry teacher and our homeroom teacher in December. Now, our English teacher has gone on maternity leave (yay for her! <3), which left us with four, yes FOUR, open positions to fill.

Now, our homeroom teacher taught Math and Religion, so that was two subjects gone, History makes three, Chemisty and English give us five. Math was taken over by a really great teacher [I say this because I actually feel like I can DO things in her class!], Chemistry was taken by fresh-out-of-college teacher, History has gotten better, especially since we're actually forced to learn something in our new teacher's class, as opposed to our dear old Pelican who pretty much just talked all period.

This brings us to English. And in order to fully comprehend the severity of this situation, you'll have to know the whole story. It begins as thus:

In the 9th grade, we had a teacher who could not speak English. She constantly asked me for explanations and pronunciations, and while I can fully understand the concept of having a native speaker as an asset in a classroom, using said student as a dummy-teacher is unacceptable. If that weren't enough, she couldn't take control of the class, which, as anyone could've predicted, led to catastrophic events. These events and our horrendous behavior led to her early retirement.

Because we'd had such a bad deal, we got a brand new, competent English teacher in 10th grade. We learned, we laughed, we liked. Then she got married shortly before summer. We were happy, we congratulated...no one foresaw what followed. In 11th grade, this school year, she told us she was pregnant and would be leaving us mid-March. We'd resigned ourselves to our fate and hoped and dreamed that Lady Luck would be kind to us and give us a teacher that wouldn't wreck our brilliant streak of learning and loving.

Then the announcement came for our beloved English teacher's replacement. The next horror story in the making. Final exams are in almost exactly one year and we're left with a teacher who might actually be reduced to tears if subjected to the torture that is our scorned class. We desperately hope all goes well for our teacher during and after childbirth, not only so that she can return to us in the Fall for the promised three periods per week to whip us back into shape, but also because we truly hope she has a wonderful life because she's such a good person.

Now, enough about school.

The big news (for me, anyway) is this: In April, not three days after Easter break ends, the 11th grade will be taking two parallel trips. One group of students will be going to Chester, England, and the other shall be going to Nice, France. And nine students - me among them - will be staying home. "Ah, longer break!" you might say. Oh no, my dear readers. No, no, you are mistaken. We will go to school. We will stay until 12 o'clock. We will run around the school idly doing various odd jobs such as announcing what teachers will not be able to appear the next day due to different circumstances. We will be prisoners.

BUT. It'll be totally fun because I like being in school without having to actually do the school part.

I have saved the best news for last, it appears. On May 27th, 2010, the music class 7AB shall be performing scenes from "The Sound of Music" in form of a Sing-Along. I would say you're invited, readers, but...I don't want you there. I have to sing in front of a large audience and it won't be pretty. I don't know who I'm playing, or if I'm even playing a big part in anything, but I can tell you now: It will not be pretty. At. All. So be thankful you won't be there.

--Cassy <3

Comments

KayteeKhaos said…
Oh darling, I'd love to come and hear you sing. Send me a plane ticket :P I love you ferret <3
Chloe said…
Did you not read the 'I don't want you to hear it?' part? ^.-
SharpieGoddess said…
Hey girly. Sorry it took me so long to read this, I totally spaced and forgot to check the thingy that tells me when you update. You'd think I would know by now. I'd TOTALLY love to come hear you sing, and I'm wicked sorry about your English teacher predicament. I hate it when people use you like that. They're the teacher, they should be competent, yknow? Anyway, I miss you loads and I hope things are going well. I also hope that someone has the sense to tape your concert thingy and send it to me. =]

xoxoxoxo
Chloe said…
I shall be playing Maria and I shall die onstage. I will forbid cameras. rofl The last time I got on stage was in that ridiculous play in 6th grade with Mr. Downes for our final project. The 6th graders after us watched it and laughed Dx

Although, I'm sure there will be pictures on FB and whatnot. Possibly a small video or two of a song or something. I'm shaking just thinking about it. rofl
KayteeKhaos said…
don't forget Pottstown Idol when we sang for our team. lol xD
Chloe said…
bahahaha Dx

haha, i was trying to forget. ^.-

Popular posts from this blog

I realize it's been a while...