I kissed a girl...

Hehe, no, I haven't kissed a girl lately, but that's the song that somehow made me want to redecorate my room. And by redecorate, I mean move the furniture around. And let me tell you, it's one helluva song (it'll be on my playlist later if you're reading this shortly after I wrote it; if not - it's on there now) because I'm telling you. I've been moving furniture for half an hour and my end result is thus: Nothing's changed.

Ok, so, first, I thought that since there was a big space between my desk, which is in the the corner of my room right next to the window (it's a big, around-the-corner desk that the people before us left here), and my monster of a closet, which stretches all across the wall on the side of the room with the door (which is pretty darn long), I could move the bunkbed that my mother is making me keep so, in the off chance I ever have a friend over, she can sleep in the top bunk, where I usually store stuffed animals, discarded clothes, towels and other such things into the space.

Well, that didn't work out. I could open the closet doors anymore, so I had to move the bed back. Only, I still wanted the room to look different, so instead of having it horizontal to the wall opposing the door, I turned it so it was standing vertically to the wall, which wasn't easy, mind you. Well, because the bed's so long and the closet is too, that didn't work out either, because I could either not got to my closet or get out of my room. So, in my infinite wisdom, I moved the closet, because there is a little space between the closet and the window-wall, which is actually where I store either laundry baskets, garbage baskets, yes, baskets, or stuffed animals. And no, before you ask, I do not have a lot of stuffed animals at all. I just don't always keep them in the same place...

If you knew how friggin hard it was to get this closet together, you'd never believe me when I say I succeeded in moving the whole d**n thing to the wall. Then, I realized that wasn't gonna work, and by now, I pretty much thought I was screwed because I had to support myself with the wall opposite the closet before to push it. So I turned the back bed so I had room (I was starting to feel very claustrophobic in the small space between the closet, door, wall and bed), walked over to the other end of the closet, which was snug against the wall, and contemplated my next move.

I tried to pull it back where I had space, but the contraption threatened to break apart, so I stopped that (I'm surprised nothing more than the shelf fell when I pushed it the first time...but that shelf always falls, so I shouldn't be). Then I went back to the other side and got my hand in the crevice between wall and closet as far as I could and pushed as hard as I could. Now, I'm not very strong...or, I am, but not strong enough to seem like I could move a closet in that situation, but I did. I actually succeeded in pushing the closet back into it's original spot (a little farther, actually...) and I'm quite proud of myself.

And now, you shall get pictures of my 'redecorated room', which is no more redecorated than it is repainted (although it does need some repainting in some places...)

I'll edit it later, but I have to go now. ^.-

--Cassy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The time has come

I realize it's been a while...

Closing in on me