Volleyball = Deathtrap

Picture this, if you will:

A gymnasium, sectioned into three parts by plastic hanging (very heavy) curtains.

The middle section has set up a volleyball field.

Five people on each side, building the star team formation.

Two players by the net, one directly in the middle, and two flanking the back.

First game:

Player on the opposing team kicks the ball OVER the ten foot tall curtain and into the adjacent section.

Second Game:

Player on my team gets hits in the face with the ball five times. In a row. By the same person. Personal vendetta? Possible, not probable.

Third Game:

Switch teams. Girl gets hit in the face again.

Fourth game:

Ball doesn't get hit four different times due to myself and the person in back of me (me: middle position, him: back right) talking about blindness and glasses. Conversation:

-ball flies towards us, hits between us, we just stand there-
Jakob: I didn't see the ball.
Chloe: I'm blind, I couldn't see it either...
Jakob: You're blind? Seriously? How many dioptrines do your glasses have?
Chloe: -4.50 and -4.25...
Jakob: I know someone with 13! That's seriously blind, right?
Chloe: Wow...that must suck. At least I can still see SOMETHING when I take mine off...
-ball flies again, hits between us, we look at each other-
Together: Oops...

Between games two and three:

Boy decides to work on his service, I stay with him to fetch the ball (and I don't have anything to drink in the locker room, so I don't have a reason to take a break) and play it back to him. We do this for a while, my friend Pezi comes back in, sees us laughing and playing Volleyball and chatting. First thing she says to me? "What's going on with you and Benny?"

Volleyball = Deathtrap.

Nuff said.

--Cassy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The time has come

I realize it's been a while...

Closing in on me