I realize it's been a while...

...but I'm back, baby!

Ok, so I never actually left...I was just too lazy to write (which makes me SAD, because I like it. ^^). So, I'm beginning to think this might be a longer post. Fasten your seatbelts, and away....we......GOOOOOOO!

Ok, so, the last time I updated you was...oh, I dunno...2 weeks ago (it really seemed a lot longer in my head)? So, you're thinking, not much has happened since then. BUT you're wrong. Ha! I have beat the system. Because my last blog (Ode to a Dick.) was pretty much just an AIM conversation I had with a really idiotic guy, I'll update you on everything that's happened since the post BEFORE that one, which waaaaaas...(disregarding the 'Hi MiniMunch' post...) in October.

OCTOBER!

Let's review, shall we?

October was ok. I threw a Halloween party at my apartment, and some people came which is always nice.



November, not much happened, to be honest. The Christmas markets opened the weekend of my birthday, (I'M 18!!!!!) and I went shopping for X-mas presents a couple of times, but November was really a blow-off month this year, because the real update is for December.



You see, I don't know if I mentioned it in any posts, but my sister and her husband visited us from the 5th to the 15th of December. It was really nice, having other Americans to talk to...Of course, I had school while they were here, but that's to be expected so early in December. It was a good time to come, though, because they got here right before (and I mean like, a DAY before) the big snows got here (which then evaporated two days before Christmas...>.<) and because in the Christmas season, airline tickets rocket up with everyone flying all over the place. So they got a good deal. Of course, they brought a whole bunch of American goodies for us, like Starbursts, Cookies'n'Cream bars, Orville low-fat popcorn, chocolate chips, Poptarts, size 11 women's shoes, etc. And we gave them some Austrian specialities, such as Mozartkugeln (chocolate balls filled with mazipan and almond paste...DELICIOUS), Haribo Spaghetti (that's pretty much just strips of gummy with sour sugar on top in three different flavors...my sister likes it) and real Austrian cuisine (Semmel-, Kartoffelknödel, Wienerschnitzel, Zwiebelrostbraten, etc.).



Since my sister came so close to Thanksgiving and Christmas, we decided to skip Thanksgiving Day and have a party on the 12th of December with our family. It was fun, not many people came (for some reason), but we had a lot of great food and some good times. Christmas was the next day, and originally it was supposed to be traditional: Everyone gets up in the morning, Mom puts the homemade cinnamon buns in the oven, we open our stockings, eat the buns, open presents, basta. Unfortunately, it was postponed until almost 3 o'clock because Roger worked the night before and that was when he got up. But it was a good Christmas, nonetheless.

Of course, the whole time they were here we watched Christmas movie after Christmas movie after Christmas movie until 3 out of the 5 people in the house couldn't stand them anymore. So then we watched the TV show they brought with them for us. 3 seasons of How I Met Your Mother.

Of course, the Christmas presents did not disappoint:
I got the first three books in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series (total of 5 books, plus some extras), 3 pairs of shoes (2 extra pairs that Phoebe didn't want anymore as well, but those weren't part of the presents), and a silver necklace with a black onyx stone hanging in a silver frame. The family got season 1 of Lost and Nip/Tuck. Lost is a big hit with Mom and Roger, but I think it's the stupidest show that's ever been aired on primetime TV. Nip/Tuck, on the other hand, I simply do not watch because the details they show are far too gruesome for me to comprehend. Especially since we usually watch shows while we eat.

How I Met Your Mother is a great show, though, and we all enjoy it very much.

Unfortunately, I had been sick for nearly two weeks before they got here, so it was inevitable that the short break I had while they were here would come to an end. Fortunately, it came in the last two days and I got to stay home from school and spend it with them. December was an ultimately frustrating month health-wise, but January and the new year look promising enough. For example, I have felt quite good since January first.

On the real Christmas Day (or the 24th if you want to get technical) our small family opened our internal presents. I got seasons 5 and 9 of Friends (leaving me with only 2 seasons left to buy: 4 and 6.), a black sweatervest that I love, the books My Sister's Keeper and P.S. I love you, perfume (Clea to compliment Chloé), a new charm for my bracelet, my computer, aaaaaaaaaaand some stuff for the bathroom. All in all a pretty good Christmas.

New Years wasn't all that fantastic. Mom and I stayed home and watched shows and movies and when 12 rolled around, we stood on the porch and watching people shooting fireworks. It was ok, but nothing spectacular. I still maintain that the best New Years I ever had was in Pottstown when we had Grandma and Poppy, Brianna, Meghan, Liberté, Rachel, Eve and Kathy, Andrew, Matt and Dana over. We partied hard, we had fun, we did embarrassing things and we just had a great time.

So, today is January 6th, I am 18 years old and my outlook on 2010 is good (despite the fact that the Year of Death is looking to become the Decade of Death...not a good sign). I look forward to the new year, I look forward to turning 19, I look forward to actually changing my life for the better.

At first I didn't have a resolution for the new year. I thought it was pointless and I never stuck to it so I wasn't going to make one. Now, 6 days later, I'm making it: I'm going to live my life. I'm going to change what I want changed. I'm going to do it because I want to and not because anyone's pressuring me.

My goals are to lose some weight and get in shape for the summer, get a job so I can save some money to travel to the US in 2011 and pay for my college myself, and work harder at getting better grades in various classes.

My wish for this year is to meet a guy, whether in America over the internet or Austria in person, and hopefully get a boyfriend. It's been long overdue.

Next year I'll look at this post and tell you what all changed, alright? Hopefully everything I wanted to.

-- Chloe

P.S. Just so you know, the hair saga continues: Blonde with pink highlights, and I cut it again right before Phoebe and Andrew got here! I'm also thinking of going back to blonde completely again and I'm seriously considering getting a weave until my hair grows out to an acceptable length!

Comments

SharpieGoddess said…
You got a good haul for Christmas! I wish I could have gotten you something. :( *Cries* Sigh. Oh well, maybe next year. I miss you SO much, and your Halloween party looks like it was fun. I love you bunches.
Casper
PS GUESS WHAT?
Kay*tee and I are talking again. YAY. If someone could just get through to Hannah now...
Chloe said…
I heard you guys were talking again (about an hour ago, when Kay told me ^^)! It's awesome Cx You don't have to get me anything, love. Your friendship is enough <3
SharpieGoddess said…
I like your new layout, btw. <3

Popular posts from this blog

The time has come