30 Day Writing Challenge: Day Six

Something that excites you and fills you with joy.

I don't think I have to explain this, but I guess I will, just so this post doesn't pale in comparison to the others. What am I excited about? What fills me with joy? The prospect of graduation being only 2 months away, the idea of summer playing with my emotions (and my skin color) outside, the thought of being back home in my native with all of the people I love.

I can already feel the spray of the ocean on my face as I stand in the hot, soft sand. I can taste my family's food, barbecues, watermelon, water ice, new babies, fireworks...Everything I think about every day, everything I miss when I think of home, everyone I see when I close my eyes, every day that brings me closer to those people, those feelings...that excites me. That brings me joy.

I don't think there's anything else I need to say. Sometimes, the less you write means more than if you wrote 5,000 pages.

--Cassy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The time has come

I realize it's been a while...

Closing in on me