30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 16

A book I've read that changed my views on something

I have read a lot of books in my time (namely, 19 years). I don't know if I can say that any one book changed my views on anything, but a collection of them helped me realized that being creative is a gift -- one that you should never give up. 

Ella Enchanted
Harry Potter
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Princess Series by Gail Carson Levine

Those are just a few of the books and series that I've read that had made a significant difference in my life. I learned that fantasy was just another way to express your feelings and that if you can do that on a regular basis, your life will seem much less of a challenge. Where people in books face dragons and emperors and witches and villains, in my life I've only ever really faced a few challenges. 

I'm set in my beliefs, and books haven't really changed those. Then again, I don't really read any books that are all too life-changing. Although, the biography I did a book report on in the 6th grade made me proud to be an American woman, I suppose. 

--Cassy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The time has come

I realize it's been a while...

Closing in on me