:D

So, for the past two years I have been waiting for a time where a tattoo would not cost over 100 Euros, where my family or I had the money to spend on said tattoo and for myself to get the balls to do it. That time came yesterday.

On Friday, May 20th, 2011 at 3:10 pm in Vienna, Austria at the Spirit Tattoo Studio, I got a tattoo. And it's permanent. And awesome.

I debated long and hard what I would get. Chinese symbol that means something to me? A star cause I think it looks cool? Or something else?

I finally found the answer when I was looking through old photo albums. I found a bunch of pictures of my father and I just remembered how he used to have a pin in the shape of the ace of spades. I don't know where the pin went -- after he died we got some of his things and I think it was in them, but we must have lost it at some point or my sister has it -- but I realized that my most prominent memory of him is in that pin.

After having a rough time dealing with the fact that my father's not here (there have been a lot of monumental changes in my life over the past 2 years), I finally decided that even if I don't know who he was, even if I didn't mean as much to him as my sister did, even if I only got to spend 7 years with him, I want to be able to remember him. Have him be a bigger part of me than "that guy who was my father and then died".

You may think it's silly, you may think I'm dumb. But screw you.

Pictures to follow! (in 2 weeks when I can finally stop acting like it's an open wound)

--Cassy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The time has come

I realize it's been a while...

Closing in on me