Edit -- Reeeeeeewind

You know how people say things never stay the same, they're always changing? Yea, even set-in-stone plans do that. So, while I thought I was going to be living with my best friend Kaytee, when I got here I found out my sister wanted me to stay with her to help take care of the baby.

The good news about that is that I will have steady internet, so our love-hate relationship will continue! Aren't you so glad? ;)

So, since I'm already here and everything, I suppose I should tell you about my 4th of July. :D

I went to my boyfriend's house to spend the holiday with him and his family, although we spent about five minutes actually in his house before getting in their van and riding up to their friend's house to go swimming and bbq ;)  It was really nice, but Dib and I didn't really get to talk too much, mainly because we were both really really shy and didn't really know what to be talking about, and then because his entire family was there and playfully putting him down cause he's a little socially awkward (not that any of that was his fault -- first date spent with family and strangers his girlfriend doesn't know? Not exactly ideal, if you know what I mean...). But his family is amazingly awesome and I love them dearly because they're also hilarious :D

What I forgot to mention is that when Eric picked me up from the Middle School (because I didn't feel like making him try to find my house -- which may only be like 2 and a half blocks away from the school, but it's hard to find if you don't know what you're looking for!) he had 2 stuffed animals for me that he'd won in the claw machine from work <3 It was so adorably sweet and considerate (seeing as he knows I melt for stuffed animals xD). One was a squishy parrot and the other was some odd fairytale bird that I'm not really sure is an actual animal in the real world, but it's cute all the same. So he's begun the slew of creatures I am sure to accumulate over the next however many years with two very special birds and made his girlfriend very very happy.

To continue from the pool party...

After we'd swam and ate and swam and went to Weis and swam and talked some more, we finally decided it was time to go down to the park at around 9 (fireworks started at 10) so we could find a good place to set up the chairs and blankets to see the fireworks -- incidentally we were like 10 feet away from where they were being shot from. We walked around for a little while (trying to FIND where the firework station was, because they sit that close EVERY year) and once we found a good spot, five of us headed off to the stands at the carnival to get some funnel cake and water and while Dib and I were in line with his sister to get her some chocolate-covered cheesecake on a stick, we ran into some friends, which made it a really really nice 4th of July for me.

That day ended with Dib and I watching Ocean's 11 (which I have dubbed our movie, since it's one of our mutual favorites) until 2 in the morning, at which time I had to retire to the library/computer/guest room and sleep. The next morning was also fun, as I awoke at 10am and went downstairs to snack on poptarts and talk to Dib's mom while he continued to sleep (poor boy stayed awake until 4am again that night :/). He came down while we were looking at pictures of Dib's hockey years :D

After his mom left, we watched a movie, then Doctor Who, had dinner with his family and then he took me home with a nice hug.

Depsite people's expectations, no, we did not sleep together (even though we did end up having the chance), and no, we didn't even kiss. We're a very slow couple ;) But that's ok, because it makes the first times oh-so-much-more special :D

--Cassy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The time has come

I realize it's been a while...

Closing in on me