Book Review: The Hunger Games Trilogy

Book(s): The Hunger Games; Catching Fire; Mockingjay
Author: Suzanne Collins
Link(s): Amazon.com: The Hunger GamesAmazon.com: Catching FireAmazon.com: Mockingjay

Summary:

Katniss Everdeen has taken care of her family for years now. She breaks the law every day when she crosses the fence into the forbidden forest to hunt for game, which she sells illegally in the underground trading market called the Hob. Every year, two tributes from each district are selected to take part in the Hunger Games, a punishment founded by the Capitol. When Katniss volunteers to take her sister's place in the 74th Hunger Games, she turns the game on its head and, in turn, accidentally starts something in the districts that she's not quite sure she can -- or wants to -- stop.

Review:

From the moment I opened the first book to the moment I finished the last, these three books captured my every spare moment. I could literally not stop reading unless forced, because the books seemed to reel me in so deeply I felt I was a part of the story. The subtlety of the love triangle keeps you guessing throughout the entire series, and the question as to whether or not the Hunger Games are ever really over is mind-torture. Suzanne Collins is a sharp writer with great instincts and ideas. Her characters are so deep-rooted and complexly described that she makes it impossible not to believe they're real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The time has come

I realize it's been a while...

Closing in on me