Yes...I'm still here.

So, I haven't written for a while. There's a good reason for that, but I won't get into it in this post, because inspiration hath struck and I'm determined to get this out. I'm not sure if I've already addressed this on my blog or not (Lord knows I've "mentioned" it other places, namely in school and at work and with friends and family and other such places), so if I have and you get bored, feel free to stop reading at any time. And if I haven't, the same goes for you, only I suppose if you've been anxiously awaiting my next post, well, then it's probably not a good idea to stop reading or else all your fretful waiting has been in vain. On the other hand, you might not like what I'm writing, in which case...well. You get it.

I thought about writing an essay about this (because, yeah, I write essays for kicks...I'm kind of a nerd), but I didn't really feel like making it all official-like, because I'm lazy and structuring my thoughts doesn't come easy when I'm writing about this topic.

The topic, by the way, is gay rights.

First of all, as Rachel Maddow so eloquently pointed out, "Here's the thing about rights. They're not supposed to voted on. That's why they call them rights." Exactly. They are called (politically correctly, mind you) "gay rights". Not gay legislature, rights. Which means that there is nothing to vote on. When you have a right, you have a right. There is no if, and or but about it. You can't tell someone they have a right and then completely screw them ove-OH WAIT. That's exactly what the American government is trying to do.

Let me point something out to all the people out there who think homosexuality is immoral and disgusting: YOUR ANCESTORS WERE ALL GAY. Yes, I know. "If they were gay, how are we here?" Well, in ancient Roman times, men married women so they could have their children (I know, I know, but women's rights aren't the subject...or my forte), but nearly every single man also had a boy as a houseslave who was solely there for the...pleasure of the man of the house. And yes, these people are all related to us. And this is a time before Christianity even existed (so suck it, Uber-Christians).

Long story short, if homosexuality were a blood thing, it would be in your blood. But it's not, obviously, or else we'd all be jonesing for some same-sex booty. Because while it may be our primal instinct to reproduce, nowadays it's not that hard to make a test-tube baby, so the male-female interaction doesn't need to happen, meaning we could all live our lives without ever having sex with the opposite gender.

And while we're on the topic of couples and kids, let's talk marriage. Why is it ok when a man and a woman get married, but not when two men or women do? I mean, they fought so hard and so long for the right to marry (there's that word again!), so wouldn't you think they'd do anything they could to keep their marriages? Don't you think that after years of telling people that their relationships aren't going to make a mockery of hetero ones, they'd try as best as they could to make that statement come true?

How many gay couples get divorced in comparison to hetero couples? I'm betting there's a gigantic gap in numbers. So if you're worried about the "sanctity of marriage", worry about the idiots who are rushing into marriage early on and getting divorced a few years later due to infidelity. I'm more worried about that than people who happen to be the same sex.

And now to the kids part. People have stated that they worry about the "stunted growth" of children raised by gay parents, but I call bullshit. How many single moms and dads are there in the world? Are their children emotionally stunted by only having a male/female rolemodel? As one of those children, I can honestly say no. I'm screwed up for a completely different reason. ;) The point being, there are a million orphaned, abused, neglected, lonely children in this world who only long for someone to love them. The gay couples looking to adopt have obviously thought about kids, made a place in their lives for kids, and seriously considered all options. When they come to adopt a child, they're there to give a lucky kid lots of love, care and support. Why should you deny the child a willing parent? If you don't want to think about the couple adopting the child, think about the child. There's someone who wants to take this child into their home, willingly to go through whatever it takes just be able to call themselves a parent to that special kid, and you're going to just say no? You're going to dash their hopes and the hope of the orphan?

That's just cruel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The time has come

I realize it's been a while...

Closing in on me