We Got the Beat

I think the thing that I love the most about movies and TV shows isn't the acting, the script, or the themes, but the music that sets the tone.

I can tell when something sinister is approaching.

I know the exact moment two people fall in love.

I feel the music in my bones. It seeps into me, fills me, and directs my feelings towards certain reactions.

Because music is powerful. Music is inspirational. Music is a deeper understanding of the world than words or pictures. A beautiful landscape will stay in your mind, but a melody stays in your heart.

Like your sense of smell, familiar but long-forgotten melodies can stir up memories that you may not even remember making.

I don't think the crew members who provide the scores for movies are given enough appreciation. They are, after all, responsible for the emotions you feel when watching a movie.

When you cry, it is because the music reminded you of something sad.

When you laugh, it is because the music is light and silly.

When you are shocked or scared, it is likely because the music has stopped or taken a shrill, imposing tone.

And all of this is thanks to the music producer and the teams of people who are never seen, never mentioned.

These people are the true unsung heroes of movies, and it's time for them to be recognized.

Celebrate them.

Thank them.

Show them love.

They deserve it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The time has come

I realize it's been a while...